Monday, January 3, 2011

2010, A Swan Song

So, let's be real for a minute.


The internet is probably flooded with first time bloggers (i.e. yours truly) who are fixing to actually accomplish some sort of new year's resolution. I can't say I'm not one of them, but I would like to acknowledge that yes, I get it. Let's see how long this lasts.


That being said, let's discuss the whole topic of new years. A new beginning, a fresh start, blah blah blah - it's the same thing every year. Everyone suddenly despises the year we've just completed and can't wait for this next one, as if there is a literal blackboard being wiped clean of mistakes and indiscretions.


New Years isn't like a baptism (as some people on my facebook newsfeed and twitter seem to think), it's merely marking another year passing. Nothing changes but you. This is how I think of it - everything that has happened so far has happened, you can't change that. What you can do is build upon it to get where you want. Good luck and have fun building everyone, I can't wait to see what progress we've made a year from now.


Resolutions:
1. Live fearlessly
2. Obligatory health resolution
3. Take everyday one day at a time
4. Learn a language and/or become fluent in the one's I've already studied
5. Take more time to have fun




2010, it's been real. I learned a lot, became a college graduate, moved far from home, became a grown up, lost more loved ones than I could have imagined in a short amount of time, and countless other life artifacts. I don't blame you 2010, but let's see if we can improve on this.


In the meantime, I'll continue living my crazy transplanted life, and do my best to document what I can. I've tried diaries and journals throughout the years with no success, but maybe this is what I need. Who knows if anyone will read it, but it'll be nice for me to have it to look back on one day. So here we go again.


Insanity n. - Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
    - Albert Einstein


Lock me up, boys...

No comments:

Post a Comment